Hotels in Manuel Antonio National Park are as follows:
- Arenas del Mar is a luxury beachfront resort with a small spa, restaurant and fabulous views of
Manuel Antonio National Park, as well as the beach and Pacific Ocean. This is a luxury resort with prices that reflect
this, but this resort gets excellent travel reviews about location and quality of service.
- Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk is located minutes outside Manuel Antonio National Park in
Quepos on the beachfront. This resort offers 44 rooms but are not the quality of the above-mentioned resort. However,
the prices are more favorable. The travel reviews are mixed on this hotel, but it seems like reasonable value for money.
- Buena Vista Villas & Casas is a 33-acre property where luxury villas have been built
overlooking the Manuel Antonio coastline. The property slopes down to the exclusive sandy beach. These villas offer
privacy and excusive services such as concierge, daily maid, three pools, rancho bar, restaurant and off-site spa.
The Buena Vista Villas have received some solid traveler reviews. The prices for this property are in the luxury
- Byblos Resort & Casino is located in Manuel Antonio National Park on the beachfront. This
Manuel Antonio resort offers three styles of rooms which are unique and rustic. The travel reviews for this
hotel/resort are solid and the prices are reasonable for the quality and location.
- Gaia Hotel is an adults-only eco-friendly hotel only minutes form Manuel Antonio National Park.
This hotel & spa is rated five star and has received a number of awards and rating from publications such as Conde
Nast and Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report. The travel reviews at tripadvisor suggest that this property is excellent.
- Hotel Casitas Eclipse is a
Mediterranean-style hotel located on the highest peak of Manuel Antonio on the
road that heads to the national park. The beach is accessible in five minutes. Hotel Casitas Eclipse mixed travel
reviews, although there are not many reviews.
- Hotel La Colina is a bed and breakfast-style hotel located only minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park.
This hotel is very reasonably priced and is one of Lonely Planet's pick for good value.
- Hotel La Mariposa is perched on the top of the highest point in Manuel Antonio and is known
for its view of Costa Rica's Pacific Ocean. Hotel La Mariposa has received accolades from Conde Nast Traveler, Fodor's and the
Washington Times. However, the travel reviews for this hotel are mixed.
- Hotel La Sirena is a mid-range hotel and self-proclaimed boutique hotel. The rates are very reasonable for
this hotel and it receives solid reviews from travelers to Manuel Antonio.
- Hotel Madrina is a smaller hotel with reasonable rates and received
excellent traveler reviews. It looks clean and presentable but was recently closed (Dec, 2009) by the health ministry.
I'll leave it in the travel guide for Manuel Antonio for now and see how things develop.
- Hotel Makanda by the Sea located between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park, is a seaside hotel/resort offering fully equipped villas and studios. The travel reviews from former guests are excellent
- Hotel Mango Moon is located in one of the
most pristine spots in Manuel Antonio National Park. It overlooks a beautiful secluded beach where
snorkeling is within walking distance. The travel reviews for Hotel Mango Moon are very good and at Trip Advisor the reviews
lean on excellent.
- Hotel Parador Resort is located on the hillside near Manuel Antonio National Park in Quepos. This resort
is a little off-the-beaten-path offering a serene surrounding and a private beach. Again, travel reviews for this
resort are typically positive. Some have complained about the remote location. I believe that the remote
location might be the reason to travel to the Hotel Parador.
- Hotel Villas El Parque is a reasonably priced hotel that is in nice condition. It is not like many
of the villas in Manuel Antonio National Park, which cater to the luxury market.
- Hotel Villa Teca is high up on the hillside and has some spectacular views. The hotel features
20 villas with two rooms. There are mixed travel reviews for this hotel, but a closer look at the recent complaints
and the savvy traveler going there would have to read between the lines to determine if this hotel is value for money.
- Inn on The Park is only 50m (54 yards) from the entrance of Manuel Antonio National Park. The hotel is
reasonably priced and offers a great location which translates into good value for money. It isn't a high-end hotel, but
it is clean with friendly staff and a great option for budget-wise travelers.
- Issimo Suites is a boutique hotel & spa on the beachfront in Manuel Antonio National Park.
It offers 13 suites — 12 contain Jacuzzis and one has a private pool. Issimo Suites gets stellar travel reviews
- La Mansion Inn is a boutique hotel & resort located only 2-km (14.3 mi) from Manuel Antonio National Park.
La Mansion overlooks the Pacific Ocean. The travel reviews at tripadvisor are excellent.
- La Posada Casa & Bungalows immediately borders the Manuel Antonio National Park
and is only a two-minute walk to the most beautiful beach in the area. The rates for this hotel are good and
the travel reviews are excellent.
- Rancho Casa Grande is a four-star hotel located between Manuel Antonio National Park and Quepos.
The hotel is located on 180-acres of rainforest. This luxurious hotel offers guests a private authentic wildlife
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio is a boutique hotel & resort
that is well maintained with beautiful ocean views. The resort has 11 rooms and receives excellent reviews from travelers.
- Villa Verde Mar is a 22-room hotel that is walking distance to shops, restaurants, markets
as well as Manuel Antonio National Park. Again, this hotel receives mixed travel reviews. Many say that the price
can not be beat for its value and location. I can not help but wonder if there are travelers who expect too much
for their money and don't understand the conditions of the tropics - e.g. humidity wreaks havoc on buildings and
bugs come with the territory.